For more than 120 years, Florence Crittenton Programs of SC has provided hope, safety, and opportunity to young women by offering the education, skills, and resources they need to have a healthy start to life.
We operate a licensed residential group home that provides housing and comprehensive services to girls and young women, ages 10-20. Our home provides a safe, stable, and nurturing environment for pregnant and parenting teens, as well as other girls who cannot live with their families due to abuse, neglect, substance use, victimization, and emotional issues. We also offer housing assistance and ongoing support services to help young families experiencing homelessness in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties achieve self-sufficiency.
Employees are expected to promote and adhere to the following Core Values:
- Hope: embrace a future full of promise and opportunity
- Respect: treat every person as an equal who deserves to be supported and encouraged
- Integrity: measure ourselves against the highest standards and hold ourselves accountable to doing what is right
- Resilience: are constantly learning and adapting, expanding our ability to overcome barriers and to thrive
- Community: believe we are stronger together and can achieve more through shared values and support
Florence Crittenton is proud to offer our employees competitive wages and a selection of benefits designed to meet the needs of our workforce.
Requirements for All Positions:
State regulations require that all employees:
- be at least 5 years older than our clients; therefore, all employees must be over the age of 25
- complete fingerprinting and extensive state and federal background checks prior to hire
- certify they meet the minimum physical requirements of their position and they are in general good health that will not adversely affect the care of our residents
- complete 16 hours of continuing education annually
- complete an employment application. We use an online system to collect employment applications which requires you to create an online account. Clicking the Submit an Application button below will take you to our HR portal to submit an application. Once you create an account, you can search for jobs and submit your application for specific positions. If you require additional assistance, please email us.
Florence Crittenton Programs of South Carolina requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Youth Support Assistants make a genuine difference in the lives of young women and their children! Under the supervision of Youth Support Supervisors, Youth Support Assistants provide direct care, supervision, and guidance to young women living in our group home. They develop supportive, professional relationships with residents, serving as mentors and positive role models. They reinforce life skills and personal care programming within the group home environment.
Youth Support Assistant is a part- or full-time, non-exempt position working a scheduled 8-hour shift: 12am – 8am, 8am – 4pm, 4pm – 12am.
We are currently recruiting for overnight (12am – 8am) and weekend shifts.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of residents, offering mentorship and support to help residents meet their goals
- Make detailed daily case notes for each resident, documenting all activities within the shift that they occur; maintains resident and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
- Respond to resident medical symptoms and/or needs by following clinic instructions, administering medication, documenting and signing the MAR, transporting and escorting residents to medical appointments
- Intervene in problem behaviors by utilizing crisis intervention, redirection and de-escalation skills
- Transport clients in agency vehicles to various appointments
- Ensure residents follow program guidelines, rules and regulations at all times
- Participate in a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education training annually
- Maintain professional ethics as outlined in the NASW code of ethics
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; and talk or hear in person and over the phone. Occasionally required to sit for an extended period of time. Frequently must squat, stoop, or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. Frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds (boxes, equipment, and infants).
Work demands require close visual attention. Frequent local travel by automobile during day and evening hours is required. This job requires the ability to work in stressful conditions from time to time and remain focused for extended periods of time.
State licensing requires all candidates to be 25 years of age or older and able to pass standard background checks, including drug screen, employment physical, SLED, Child Abuse Central Registry and Sex Offenders Registry. All new employees will be required to provide proof within 6 weeks of hire that they are fully vaccinated against COVID. Youth Support Assistants are required to have a valid SC driver’s license and the ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative interns to coordinate content on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram) and assist with website management to achieve marketing and branding goals. Interns will also gain experience in proposal writing and coordinating fundraising events. Interns should be knowledge of all social media platforms, as well as effective online and peer-to-peer marketing strategies and tools.
Requirements for the Position:
Have excellent communication and social media marketing skills, as well as a passion to take our brand to the next level. Must possess great interpersonal skills, creativity, and a knowledge of various computer programs. Demonstrate excellent time management skills and analytical skills and be very detail oriented. Demonstrate honesty and integrity, and have a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating social media guidelines and branding documentation.
- Identify audience segments and create a social media and marketing plan to engage each audience.
- Use design software (Canva) to produce marketing materials and social media content for a variety of channels.
- Use WordPress to manage website content.
- Review website and social media analytics and recommendations to increase engagement.
- Assist with grant research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with fundraising special events.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.